IT Jobs Watch
Senior IT Developer
Position: Senior IT Developer
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: £39,000 - £49,000
Job Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Working Pattern: Day Time Only
Ideal Start Date: ASAP
At DHL, people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, our mission is to provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers - helping them deliver better results every day.
We are offering one exceptional candidate the chance to be a Senior IT Developer in our Supply Chain Division based at our site in Derby, Derbyshire.
What are you accountable for achieving?
- Strong and clear management of the development of customer facing systems
- Assist in the definition of system infrastructure required to support development initiatives.
- Provide capacity planning data
- Ensure direct reports have necessary training and development programmes in place
- To achieve and be able to communicate detailed knowledge to operational teams in order to hand over system from development into the live environment
- Form close working relationships with IT account managers and other key operational managers to ensure all are briefed on progress of developments or impediments as necessary
- Play lead role in development of customer facing systems and lead by example for you direct reports
- Provide development and testing support to the business and its customers
- In addition to developed roadmap initiatives. Provide appropriate resources to business projects and initiatives as required
- Keep abreast of current and future technologies with a view to how they could be used to improve the overall service provided to its customers.
- Forge relationship with relevant external suppliers of software and services
- Adopt agile development techniques in order to provide consistent approach to development and good visibility to the wider business
- Where possible use best practice and industry adopted standards in all developments
What will you need as a successful Senior Developer?
- Excellent development skills using ASP.NET platform and experience of all version of Microsoft .NET framework, with proven track record
- Good knowledge of using design patterns in the Microsoft development environment
- Good knowledge of product development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of Team foundation server for use as source code repository
- Good knowledge of Depict project management methods
- Good knowledge of Agile development techniques such as "SCRUM"
- Good technical knowledge of the hardware and software environments for hosting enterprise scale applications
- Excellent problem solving skills will be required to identify optimum solutions to data storage and presentation problems and also to provide a strong 3rd line support to the business and its customers
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral. Must be able to communicate at appropriate level to any audience
- To provide clear leadership and direction to your reports
- Able to produce high quality management reports where required
- Good analytical skills required for analysing product usage and system change velocity
- Ensure all staff have training and development programmes, where required to support their activities
- There will be a requirement to occasionally work outside of core business hours (evenings and weekends) - particularly when new software releases are planned
- Minimum of five years' experience in an enterprise level development role with a proven track record in the development and delivery of enterprise level n-tired systems
- At least 3 years' experience of development with modern RDBMS platform - preferably SQL server 2005 or Oracle 11G
- At least one years' experience of using design patterns in MS Visual Studio or equivalent
- At least one years' experience of using Database abstraction libraries such as Toplink or Nhibernate
What will you get in return?
In addition to the excellent opportunities for progression, our package includes up to 15% bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday, defined contribution pension scheme and access to discounts with major high street retailers.
If this sounds like a role for you, please click the apply button.
Here at DHL we are an equal opportunities employer: all together different, all together successful.