Junior Systems Administrator
£12,000 - £14,000
Our clients are a customer focused organisation providing IT Support and IT Services to companies in London.
As a Junior System Administrator, you will be responsible for providing remote and onsite support to company clients including network, server, printer, telecom and computer support.
- Managing IT and telecom systems of the company and company's clients
- Liaising with company's clients and resolving their technical issues remotely and onsite
- Setting up clients' workstations
- Building, deploying and administering Linux servers
- Managing third party suppliers
- Developing automation scripts
- Fluent in administering Linux servers (RHEL / CentOS preferred)
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (PHP / Python / Shell Scripting / Perl)
- MySQL administering
- TCP/IP Network Management
- Basic Windows / Mac administration
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of web hosting and associated technologies
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentational forms)
- Ability to think strategically and work proactively
- Logical problem solving skills, ability to operate effectively under pressure
- Strong planning and prioritising abilities
What we offer:
- Salary £12,000 - £14,000 dependant on experience (rising to £18,000 after 12 months)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Company pension plan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
Previous experience in this type of role is desirable but not essential. Our clients will consider candidates without prior experience who hold the relevant technical skills.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now!
Junior systems administrator, Systems administrator, IT, IT support, network, server, telecoms, Linux, TCP/IP, Computer Science